Wednesday 16 May 2012

Context of Practice // Publication Development

 I love the style of some Japanese design, probably modernist Japanese design mostly, I love the structure of their text, the block symbols really create good aesthetics for graphic design, the linear symmetrical feel to their type has great impact to a piece, I actually think it would be much easier to design with Japanese type than english.



Akaoni Design




Designer Qian Qian - Newyork - 
w: www.q2design.com
e: q2design@gmail.com




I'm not really sure how to achieve a Japanese style title, with its bold block format, but I thought if i try to maintain a single column fitting with the dimensions of the sunrise in the centre, the it may evoke a Japanese / Chinese aesthetic

I really have difficulty placing large amounts of body copy and making it look visually please, I think in the future I will try creating grids for any piece I know will include large amounts of text, i didn't think it was necessary in this case because they weren't going to be double page spreads. I think I was wrong, I should explore modernist design a little more I think.


I have incorporated some traditional Kirigami on the history of Japanese paper cutting page, technically it should worked, I have tried it a couple of times and it seems to be rather simple.





No comments:

Post a Comment