Monday 21 May 2012

Context of Practice // Production and Printing of Publication

I had a slight worry that when printing I would have no control over the paper so if the design prints at an angle then the cut outs would not fit and the design would not work properly.
I thought that it may be a safer option to print these at home on my printer, so I could feed the paper in manually and have a little more control over the print standard.


I actually really like the look of printing onto coloured paper, I don't think I thought it was much different to printing the needed colour before, but it gives a nice feel to the print.





On the Bianca Chang page, the photo examples of her work did not print out as bright as i would have hoped, well they did but just not bright enought for a red background.


The pages as a set actually ended up coming together quite well, all the sections printed correctly and luckily no mistakes when cutting so I avoided extra costs of re printing and stock.


The Folder was a little more difficult and took me longer than expected, I was still off on a few measurements so there are some areas that I could neaten up but, it works and it does what it's supposed to do.
There is one negative side to the design, once it's opened it isn't the easiest thing to fasten shut again, but it is do able you just have to be patient.



The Cut out of the title also troubled me a little, I ad to stick the design over the top of the card before I cut out obviously to trace cut the title, but I couldn't stick it with glue, and anything I put on the card marked it. so I just had to try and do my best with magic tape around the sides, but it didn't really give a fully stable stencil as the more I cut away the harder it was to cut the top layer without it moving. Therefore there are a few scuffs, but I intend to improve with practice.


My plan worked ....yay! I was quite pleased with the final result, it could use a bit more accuracy in some areas so the result would be a little neater, also I might try and choose a different card for the cover as it does mark very easily, but at least it's sturdy.




No comments:

Post a Comment