Friday 23 November 2012

Responsive // Bicardi Cuban Cigar visual research


Cuban Cigars

As Bacardi want to get back to their Cuban Heritage, I thought there wasn't anything more Cuban than a cigar, obviously, I would not be able to promote smoking to create this products but I think I could come up with some unique and interesting ideas while also attracting a younger male audience.
 
 


There are quite a lot of options for designs when it comes to Cuban Cigars, I firstly expected the designs to be quite decorative and old fashioned, but there are many modern unexpected designs that have been linked with Cuban Cigars.


The box itself will also be one of the main aspects of this project, there are many different options that I will have to study. I think at the minute for the sake of a proposal I will keep the box simple in mechanism while focusing mainly on design.

I still need to maintain a high level of finish to ensure I meet the brief and make the sure that Bacardi is seen as a higher class of beverage.





I really like the simplicity and design of the box above, I think a slide top box would suit the rustic feel that comes with Cuba while still keeping the expensive quality feel.


The containers above represent a similar outcome of what I would want to produce, obviously there wouldn't be a cigar in the containers, but instead replace the cigar with Bacardi based beverages. the cigar shaped containers will be as part of a set, packaged within a box / container which would be sold as a gift set / drink option for men.

the idea behind the concept would bring Bacardi forward as an option for 18 - 24 males when considering what they want to drink. i think the main issue at the minute is that many men don't even consider Bacardi as an option, it is not that they don't like the drink it is purely the fact that they have never thought of sampling it.

So this would create a clear message forcing the drink directly at a male target audience. By doing this they will be introduced to the drink in a manly way, therefore Bacardi will always be in there mind when ever they are buying alcohol in a commercial environment, whether that be a bar / club or just a bottle shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment